choreography and lomography

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Update since I've been dead for like two weeks. Actually.

The last two weeks were the most physically and mentally tiring that I've ever experienced! Which would be a weird to say since the first two weeks back at school aren't usually to be like that for most people at least. Choreo auditions were soon after school startedso it meant rehearsals x 2049582094029384! Out of the 100 pieces that enter, only 40 get in. Yeahhh. The stress just progressed throughout the weeks to a point where everyone was pissed at each other. I neglected all my academic readings because I would collapse on my bed as soon as I got home each night. I had like no social life and didn't even see Bryan for the whole week... which really didn't make the week go any better. But death week is over now! Thank god. It'll be somewhat calm until the casting list goes up. Heh. I feel like it will take a lot longer for the faculty to decide this year because there were SO many good entries from what I saw during people's rehearsals.

Here is one group piece I choreographed. It was originally for my Creative Performance class, but I decided to add music, make some changes, and audition it for Choreo.

Dorothy


It was one of the latest run throughs the day before the audition that I got on film. There's no music in beginning because it's supposed to start in silence, in case you're wondering why you can't hear anything. The ending was cut off too xP
I did post this facebook, but set to private for those associated with this piece. But because you bother to read my blog, you get to see it! :D yayyyyyy

The music was actually made by a good friend of mine from high school, Marvin. It's called Loves Interlude. I came across it when he showed me his music site where he has all his different song recordings. It really spoke to me at the time and I remembered it later on when I was thinking of potential songs for my choreography. Yeah, so I asked him if I could use it and he said yes =] Thanks Marvin! Check out his stuff here!

Photography wise.
I got a Diana Mini over the Christmas break! I got the Alice in Wonderland version though I was only planning on getting the regular one. I just couldn't resist because it was so cute! :D And also it came with a Diana Flash that I could use when I do get the regular sized Diana + some time in the future. I decided to start off with the mini first mostly because it uses 35mm film which is way easier to find and cheaper than 120mm film. I know you can buy 120 film at Urban Outfitters, but I'm not sure which places process the film. Wal Mart maybe? Dunno. I've only gone through one roll of film for the Diana Mini that I mostly experimented with. I haven't gotten it developed yet though. I do have a feeling that I may have accidentally overlapped images with the way the film winded at some points. Using this type of camera definitely brings me back to Photography class in high school minus the developing process.




I think the line on the back of the camera is clever. "Through this lens is wonderland"

I also finally got myself a Polaroid SX 70 aka. the camera that unfolds!!! I wanted one so badly after watching the Mijonju show on Youtube. Mijonju definitely got me back into photography. I love how this camera transforms! I was so tripped out the first time I saw him open it.




TRANSFORM! >:D

I got a good deal on Kijiji. The prices I've seen around on ebay and such were like $120 + for the camera and a case. Or even just the camera sometimes.
Buuuut I found someone selling it for $60 which included the case and another case with a whole bunch of accessories for the camera that most people do not include. It just has a scratch on the leather on the top, but other than that, it's in good condition. The guy selling it was this old man who had the camera for 20 years, but hardly used it. So, the camera is just as old as me! He said he was happy knowing that his camera was going into good hands.
Now the only thing I need now is SX 70 film =( Not cheap at all.

Next on my list
Fujifilm 210
Because it's awesome too... and film is available :D
Until next time.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP