my girlfriend is a gumiho.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I just finished watching another asian drama lololololololol.
I decided to watch My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. It was a title that I was interested in watching before I found Shining Inheritance and I realized later on that Lee Seung Gi also played the male lead role, sooo I decided to watch it because I really liked him in Shining Inheritance.

One day after Cha Dae Woong ran away from his grandfather, he accidently freed a nine-tailed fox who was closed in a painting for about 500 years. He didn't realize what he has done, until the Gumiho (nine-tailed fox),who took the form of a beautiful woman, appeared in front of him. Dae Woong was really frightened that he ran away from her and fell on the riverbank.Since he was severely injured, Gumiho came to save him and gave him her most precious bead to share with him the mystic fox' strength, as she owes him her freedom. Gumiho then asked him if he can help her become human and how to act like one. In return, she allowed him to use her bead for him to shoot for his dream action movie despite his body's severe condition. As time goes by, their mutual relationship grew deeper as they start to fall for each other.
A really good drama with a really good cast overall! I love the main leads. They make such a cute couple and there are so many cute moments they have together that really establish such a close bond. Especially the "hoi-hoi"! I caught myself watching with the biggest smile on my face and laugh out loud so many times throughout the drama even though the whole drama isn't completely comedic. I love how Lee Seung Gi gets away with showing off his singing talent in all the dramas he's in so far even though singing has nothing to do with the storyline. It's also refreshing to see a beautiful female lead that doesn't scream "plastic surgery" when you look at her face. I don't know if Shin Min Ah had surgery or not since I know that plastic surgery is very common in Korea, but her look seems so natural that I highly doubt she had anything done. She plays this character so well! I love the vocabulary they give her as a fox. For example, how she describes soda as "bubbly water" and liking the colour brown because it is "the colour of a cow"! On the other hand, when I look at Park Soo Jin, I can't help but wonder what her face used to look like! Her character is so annoying that it makes me wonder why Daewoong would even like her so much to begin with. She does actually remind me of certain people I know unfortunately. Le sigh. When I first saw her in this drama, it took me a while to realize that she was in Boys Before Flowers, but not a huge character. She does play the "bad female" really well though.
So far, this drama and Shining Inheritance are the best Korean dramas I've seen, since the ones I've seen in the past tend to have unfinished or unexplained situations from what I remember. I highly recommend it.
Hoi hoi couple!
0 comments:
Post a Comment