Robbed in more ways than one.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Number 1.
Today I went to a Canada's Wonderland audition for dancers for the hell of it. Mostly just to give myself more options for when after school is over. I didn't want it that desperately because it is essentially bad choreography and bad dancing. That is how it exactly was for the audition too. Bad choreography AND also bad dancers auditioning. It's sounds pretty conceited to say, but with my experience I felt like I was pretty over qualified. Even with that thought I didn't slack off or anything. However, I got cut. I basically lost to dancers could not even pick up simple choreography or even balance on a side develope at the very beginning of the routine! I was surprised and not so surprised because this is how it has been recently for some of my classmates that have been auditioning for cruises lately. Dancers with absolutely no technique getting jobs while dancers with maturity and strong technique are getting cut. It really makes me worry about where dance is going in the world -_-.
Robbed.
Number 2.
Afterwards, I went to watch Bryan and his friends participate in a 2 vs. 2 battle downtown at Street Dance Academy. He did really well! Him and Eric made it to the semi finals. But they really should have made it all the way to the Finals. Why? Because they lost to some guys that did not dance to the music, were not very impressive with their moves, and were just overall "okay". AND I AM NOT BEING BIASED BECAUSE BRYAN IS MY BOYFRIEND! A lot of people saw it too! Even the dudes themselves even told Bryan and Eric after the battle that they were surprised that got it and that they felt that it really should've went to them instead.
Robbed.
Number 3.
We all went out to eat at a Ramen place on Spadina that was closeby. We were there for less than an hour and we come back to the car only to find the passenger seat window smashed! It's really retarded because it was only 9pm-10pm and it was close to Spadina and Dundas! There were so many people and cars going by around that time still. We were parked on Spadina too, not on some random side road close to an alleyway. Thankfully most of our stuff we had in the trunk or with us inside. However, Bryan and Eric both had left their bags in the car which were both stolen. The most important things that were taken were Bryan's passport and Eric's hearing aid. Everything else in the bag were clothes and such. Bryan had one of his Nike jackets in there and also a hat for breaking. It was a really nice messenger bag of his too! Ughhh.. The only thing that was still left in the car were my pair of sneakers that I brought along with me in case I needed them for the audition... which I thought was a lil funny. The thieves were definitely guys. So we spent some time calling the police and asking nearby restaurants if they saw anything or if they can check their security cameras. There was a restaurant that did have one that would've had a perfect view of the car, but when we asked if they could check the footage they said that it's not on... Seriously? What's the fucking point in having a security camera? I really really really hope Karma gets back at these thieves and fucks them up big time T___T. I'm really thankful that nothing even more serious was left in the car like a wallet. But still...
Robbed.
Number 4.
There wasn't much we could do then after calling the police because they were closing or something like that so we decided to head back home. There was so much glass on the passenger seat that it would've been really dangerous for someone to sit there. So the four of us had to squish in the back seat. We didn't have much of a choice. We had to break the rest of the glass off the window, and ask restaurants for garbage bags and tape. One of the Chinese restaurants who knew our situation even charged us 50 cents for a bag. Wtf really???? Shortly after we left, we got pulled over by a cop because there were four of us in the backseat and we didn't have seat belts on. We explained to him our situation and showed him the glass. He just gave us a warning and told us to clean the glass off the seat and clean the ones on the floor later on because it is dangerous for us to have four passengers in the back if we got into an accident. So we brushed as much glass as we could off the seat and stacked a bunch of newspapers on it. It would've been really ridiculous if the cop did actually fine us, knowing our situation and actually witnessing it as well. Why on earth would we just have four of us crammed in the back and then an empty passenger seat?
It's just really stupid that we had to go through even more shit because of the assholes who broke in the car.
Robbed.
Yes, it was a very crappy way to end the day. However, I am still very thankful that it wasn't any worse. I'm thankful that we had most of our valuable belongings with us and that the thieves didn't get into the trunk even though they really could have after breaking the window. And most importantly, I'm thankful that all of us were physically safe. In the end, that's all that matters.
0 comments:
Post a Comment