Collar trend
Friday, February 24, 2012
I started watching Flakes today with Bryan on Netflix. We picked it mostly because Zooey Deschannel was in it! We love her! :D We're about half way through and it's not bad so far.
One of the things I've been noticing is the way she is dressed in the movie. I love her style!
This outfit caught my eye the most for various reasons...

First, I loved how vintage like her outfit is and how it suits the movie very well. I could not find a full body picture of it, but I did like the use of colour blocking with the pink dress she wore and blue tights. Then my attention went towards her collar. To me it put the whole outfit together. It reminded me about the Peter Pan collar trend that has been becoming more noticed year, and how it looks exactly like a Pearl Collar DIY I found on Pinterest that I've been wanting to do... and then I realized that this movie was made in 2007! Wow!
Usually fashion trends tend to turn me off because they get overdone and then die after a few months or so. And when the die, you look silly wearing them afterwards. But I think collars are an exception =] I think they are a classic piece and will always look cute no matter what year you wear them in. That's one of the main reasons why I do love vintage pieces because they are timeless!
This movie has definitely motivated me a bit more into making some DIY collars soon times. I haven't come across many people in person pulling them off anyway.
Can't wait to actually finish the rest of the movie now. Haha.
Until next time.
Chantee
0 comments:
Post a Comment