i am number four.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I watched I Am Number Four with my mom and my sister today. We just felt like watching a movie and my sister brought this movie up since she read the book. It was either this or Justin Bieber! Ahahaha. I just want to see the Justin Bieber movie for lololols.
I never heard of the movie or the book until today. Though the reviews for it online weren't amazing, I loved the movie! The storyline is unique to me. My sister seemed to be really happy with the movie as well and wasn't upset about them leaving some parts out as most people are usually when they read the book first. And my sister is a huge book nerd! So that must mean something! :D



I Am Number Four follows the story of John Smith, a 15-year old alien from the planet Lorien, and his guardian, Henri, as they run from the Mogadorians, another race of aliens that are hunting down John and the other eight teenage Loriens, who all make up the Garde, living on Earth. The Garde consists of all Loriens who have special Legacies and powers. The teenagers are protected by a charm, which only allows them to be killed in a set order. John is Number Four. Both the Loriens and Mogadorians have a human appearance.

Another part of the movie I really enjoyed were the photography bits since the female lead, Sarah (aka. girl from Glee), was into photography and used film cameras! In the scene where her and John were looking at her camera collection, I spotted a Diana + right away in the bundle from far away! I felt so awesome for recognizing some of the cameras in that movie for some reason lolololol. I thought it was really cool how Sarah was a "lomographer". It really shows how hardcore her character is with her interest in photography. Apparently, the actress in real life was into photography too. Just seeing film cameras being used for art in a movie inspired me to take more pictures with my diana mini =]



Despite the few scary parts that made me jump in this movie (since I'm the biggest anti-horror movie watcher you'll ever know), I recommend watching it =] I want to start reading this series! There's only one book out though ;__;

1 comments:

.r.h.e.e.n.a. said...

No waayyy! I wanted to watch this movie since I saw the previews for it! Nobody else wanted to! I never read the book but it looked interesting!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP