funga fufu
Sunday, May 16, 2010
I just finished re-watching all 64 episodes of Shaman King, which is my all time fave anime!!! =]
Shaman King was also my first anime I watched without stupid laaame english dubs T_T. Everything before that was probably like Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, Pokemon, Digimon, etc. (which were still awesome in english... when I was 10). I remember when my brother used to watch Shaman King on Saturday mornings back then. It was more of a 'guy' anime with all the action and fighting so I was never really interested in it, but I still found their voices soooo annoying!
But thennnn I started watching it in Japanese years later after my brothers got burnt copies from a friend and I REALLY liked it! I'm pretty sure from then on I never watched an anime with dubs. Ahah.


Also, their voices pretty much screwed up the original characters. Why does Anna have such a princessy and snobby voice when it doesn't match her dull expression that she has for the majority of the anime? AND Why does Ren, who is supposed to be Chinese, have a freaking English accent?!?!?
K I'm done ranting.
I almost forgot that each episode was only 30mins. I was so used to episodes being an hour long like in asian dramas! Haha. So, it was SUPER easy for me to be like ....just one more episode.... at 4AM.
I highly recommend this anime if you are ever in some crazy fighting action anime mood... which I was in when I decided to rewatch it =]
Kthnxbaiiiii
PS: "funga fufu" is some random thing Yoh kept saying in this one special episode. I have no idea what it means and I don't think it actually means something. Ahah.

2 comments:
PUWAHAHAHA. is that why ypu were still awake at like, 5 in the morning?? LOOOL!
oh LOL! noooo. i just couldn't sleep that time and i don't really like lying awake in bed.
i finished the anime whenever i actually started writing the post, but i only published it like yesterday LOL
Post a Comment