Clubbing... with the familyyyy
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Warning: This post is picture heavy
So I went clubbing for the second time with my cousins(again lol). It was my first time going to a club in Toronto though! I wasn't too sure what to expect. Like, I went clubbing in LA, and I didn't think it was that great. I was more excited this time around because I guess I knew a lot more people going. It was for Christian's 19th party and I swear he knows everyone! ... which is why I was often known as "Christian's cousin" for a while in high school x_X.
I wasn't planning on going initially because I wasn't even sure if my parents would be okay with it even though I'm legal and also because my first time clubbing wasn't AMAZING or anything. At my New Years party, Christian and Lylline asked me if I was going, but I said I wasn't sure and that I was actually scared to ask my mom, so they just asked her for me! LOL She couldn't possibly say no because first of all, some of my other older cousins would be there and second, she can't say no in front of the whole family and seem too strict! XD
I already had an outfit appropriate for clubbing so I didn't freak out because I didn't have anything to wear. I actually have A LOT of things that would be appropriate. How? Dance costumes. Tutus? No. Corsets =] I have some fancy ones that I pretty much haven't worn since I performed in them. But yeah, from what I remember I should have at least 6 corsets that were costumes from the past 3 years.
But no, I didn't wear a corset though. I ended up wearing this dress that I bought maybe after exams were over. I got it at the store called Katie, which actually has a lot of branches throughout Toronto. The one I went to was on Queen and I know there is another one in Chinatown and at least three more down Yonge street. Everything in the store was 35% off so I just decided to go in and check it out. The dress was on one of the mannequins in the store and what really caught my eye was the back the dress. It had an open back. I love love outfits with open backs, especially low ones. I don't know why! Ahah. I thought it was unique, well worth its price, and would be good for clubbing so I got it even though I didn't know the next time I'd go clubbing. I also wore this military style jacket that I got from Forever 21 to go over it because I knew I'd be cold getting there and I wasn't planning on taking my winter jacket with me. I love military style jackets!
Model face time.
The club we went to was Guvernment. I didn't know how many rooms they had there but from reading a couple of descriptions of the rooms I pretty sure we were in The Drink.
An elegant second-level bar, lined by mirrors. Originally known as the Guvernment's VIP club, it's still a place for well-dressed, mature clientele. Patrons of this room also have access to the main room and the rooftop patio. Friday nights hold Commercial R&B and House and on Saturdays, House and Progressive.
Bad quality picture. I know. This was not even half the floor space.

The room got PACKED after a while. There was still enough room to dance of course so it didn't really bother me. It's more exciting when there's a lot of people anyway. I decided to go look back at the main room and the entire room was even more packed! I swear they were all like shoulder to shoulder. I didn't wanna be in the middle of that crowd at all. It seemed WAY too claustrophobic for me XD
Christian was probably the funniest in all the pictures I got throughout the night. He was soo drunk!
Bad Chantee! Bad!
It was okay though because we had to leave soon after and we were all just sitting down at the booth. We were all sorta dead by then.





0 comments:
Post a Comment