Christmas... with the familyyyy
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Like always, for Christmas Eve, me and my family went to church, had dinner at home (with my mom's awesome hot chocolate! :D ), and opened gifts at midnight.
Christmas with the cousins was at our house again because it was the most convenient with the structure of our basement and large amount of family that would be there. My sister brought the idea of having a dress up theme for Christmas. There were ideas like ugly Christmas sweaters and black & white. I wasn't there when everyone voted, but in the end the theme was TV shows... which I personally didn't like too much because it's almost like Halloween. But oh wells. It was still cute when we were taking family photos beside the Christmas tree.
Yes, Charlie Brown =] Tweety was Woodstock
I was Sally. I knew that she wore pink and sometimes blue, but my sister was Lucy so I had to wear pink. I have very little pink clothing and obviously did not have anything that resembled Sally's dress. So I went to a Value Village and found a dress top that was $4 =] It was too short to be worn alone so I wore this pale pink sorta poofy dress from Forever 21 underneath that I remember was $4 on sale last year. Forever 21 doesn't have as good sales anymore for some reason.
I'm wearing my Angel Brown circle lenses =]
I sorta look like those hime gyaru girls with the bow and pearls lol
Another fun thing we decided to do was a sorta Kris Kringle between the cousins. For 4 weeks before Christmas, we had to get a small gift not more than $5 for our person that went with the week's theme.
Week 1: Tiny and Sharp
Week 2: Ugly and Underwater
Week 3: Hard and starts with an S
Week 4: Slimy and Soft
Nicki made a chart after it was over showing all the gifts everyone got.
Week 1: Tiny and Sharp
Week 2: Ugly and Underwater
Week 3: Hard and starts with an S
Week 4: Slimy and Soft
Nicki made a chart after it was over showing all the gifts everyone got.
Our last gift to our person was to be given on Christmas and had to be around $20. So a REAL gift. ahah. But before we could receive them, we had to guess who was our Secret Santa in a game form with punishments! D: We all had small white board and wrote down our guess all together. Then my uncle who organized the whole thing would say if it was correct or incorrect. If it was wrong, then the person they guessed got to draw anything on their face with face paint. Then that process would just repeat until everyone guesses right.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures from my camera of the event =( It was a lot of fun though. I was drawn on a couple of times because I had no idea who had me. But at the same time, almost everyone guessed that I had them so I drew everyone as a Pikachu or Harry Potter XD The funny thing was that the person I had was the only one that hadn't guessed me and he was the last one to guess right. He thought that he guessed me because everyone did already. Ahah.
After that, we used the white boards to play Pictionary, which my sister organized. We did it in a way that is similar to Broken Telephone. There were two teams lined up and my sister would show the people at the end of the lines the word and picture. They would have 15-20 seconds to draw it and then show it to the person before them. Then it would pretty much go down the line and the first person in line would write their guess down. It was actually harder than it sounded like because of the way people interpreted things. Also, having a 10 year old cousin adding a pot of gold and a leprechaun to a simple picture of a rainbow that was consistently passed down until it got to him wasn't so great.
This is probably getting more boring from the lack of pictures LOL But it was like 5am when we finished playing pictionary XD Everyone slept over and for boxing day everyone just stayed at my house again, playing Super Mario Bros, Rock Band, and Brawl on the Wii. I've never gone boxing day shopping before. It seems stressful D:
Christmas Haul in another post! =]
2 comments:
That Kris Kringle idea sounds so fun!!! I wanna do it with my friends next year!! LOOOL
Yeah it was a lot of fun! you had to try and be really creative with the random themes. the ideas that some of my cousins came up with were brilliant! =]
Post a Comment