There's this thing with ladybugs...
Thursday, October 8, 2009
I was going up the elevator in the library today. There was this bug that looked like a black fly or a bee that wouldn't keep still and got everyone's attention. It finally stopped and just rested at the top of the ceiling. "Awww... It's a ladybug," this girl said.
I just saw my uncle message my brother saying how he saw a ladybug walk across his car windshield on Oct 5.
How often do you see lady bugs in the Fall? or in any season?

On the friday after the funeral...i went to the pound to see the car and gather any other belongings that was left there. As soon as i saw the car i started breathing heavily, and placed myself in a dark corner...reliving the nightmare, from sec.to sec...and hour to hour. Finally my mother had picked me up and we were on our way home. To cheer myself i played "waiting in vain"- bob marley...and it actually worked a little. Shortly after, a Lady Bug flew onto my window and i felt you. And it was strong. Weird... lady bug? right?..don't ask why, i just did. I was a little relieved too.
A couple of days later...i was at home, looking at your beautiful pictures..feeling as sad as always. I dropped one on the floor...boom! A Lady bug at the edge of the carpet. "Huh"...kinda confused at the time, but again i was somehow relieved. At this moment i was scratching my head..whispering "Dorothy?."
Days later, I went to visit your gravesite at the cemetary. You looked beautiful as always. I bent down on my knees/closed my eyes to pray and talk to you. Mentioned how much i love you, miss you, feel you...and... to take care of us. I open my eyes, there you were again....a Lady bug, in between the "V" and the "O" of your last name. "Ok..Ok..i get it, babe, you're here," i said with a ear to ear smile.
Coincidence...i guess??
Beautiful...always.
Symbolic...yeah.
Dorothy...what do you think?
- Darrell
She is still watching over us.
0 comments:
Post a Comment