a little bit of choreo...
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
My two random shows that I have mentioned on an earlier post went very well
The first one which was for The Music Scene was a lot of fun even though it was just a small open house thing and weren't that many people. I think maybe up 30 -40 people? Unfortunately, I do not have pictures from the actual show and I haven't seen any videos yet either. However, we did take some pics after one rehearsal.

yeahhhh...
I can't believe we were able to learn so many routines in such a short period of time. And it's not like they were just simple ones that are easy to catch on to. Kara, the choreographer of the show, would be like Okay, now a little bit of choreo... and it would be a huge ass section x_X I was pretty stressed about remembering all the dances, but we went over them a bajillion times before we actually went on, which helped A LOT.
At the end of the show, Kara gave us all roses and a Starbucks giftcard! She also wrote me a very sweet card saying how she wanted me to be in her dances after she saw me perform at a dance competition. Awww...
Anyways, I'm not done dancing with these people yet. I get to audition two of the pieces we did for next years Choreo show! ... which is not until a couple of months from now, but I'm still excited.
Next!
For the Miss Pakistan World Pageant I wasn't stressed out about because I did one dance whereas everyone else did two and I knew my dance very well. The people there really loved our group. They thought we were so talented and everything.
The stage was so small. So most of the time during our performance we felt like we were gonna fall off the stage. The bright blinding lights didn't help too much with that either. We talked to these singers from Chicago who also performed, and they are interested in getting us to dance in one of their music videos in the future. Yay for connections!
I didn't realize til that day that our group was called Adje. I still don't know what that means.

Anyways, I'm not done dancing with these people yet. I get to audition two of the pieces we did for next years Choreo show! ... which is not until a couple of months from now, but I'm still excited.
Next!
For the Miss Pakistan World Pageant I wasn't stressed out about because I did one dance whereas everyone else did two and I knew my dance very well. The people there really loved our group. They thought we were so talented and everything.
The stage was so small. So most of the time during our performance we felt like we were gonna fall off the stage. The bright blinding lights didn't help too much with that either. We talked to these singers from Chicago who also performed, and they are interested in getting us to dance in one of their music videos in the future. Yay for connections!
I didn't realize til that day that our group was called Adje. I still don't know what that means.

Oh yeah, one other thing that happened before we performed... There was a whole hallway with these ladies doing make up for all the people part of the show, and we were asked if we wanted to get our make up done too. So we were like why not? The majority of our group got our make up done by these two girls who were at the end of the hall because they were the closest and asked us first. I already had some make up on from my show in the afternoon and the lady told me I did a good job, but she still removed it anyway because she told me she wanted to do a gold look on me. I thought it was a good idea too because it would compliment my skin tone I guess. I couldn't tell what she was doing because there was no mirror or anything around. And then she gave me a mirror after she did my eyes... It was so bad. She extended the eye shadow too high and it was sooo close to my eye brows. It's a bit hard to explain but she also cut my eyes shorter. Like she didn't exactly do my eye shadow with my eye shape. She did not follow my crease or anything xP I even told her that I feel that the eye shadow should extend more on the sides, but then she told me that it will make my eyes look smaller. I don't know. She talked to me as if my eyes were so hard to do because I was asian. I do not have a monolid and it's not like my eyes are really small to begin with. And why was she complaining about my eyes in the first place. If she really wants to be a make up artist, she should be able to apply to any types of eyes? Afterwards, she drew in my eye brows too dark, and made an actual line on my face when doing my blush. I asked her if she was gonna blend it more, and she was like "No, I just contoured your face." But there was a LINE x_X. If she really was contouring my face, it wasn't right because it did not look natural at all. Then for my lips she did them too big and told me that it's my natural lip line. Whatever.
I wasn't the only one who had problems with my make up. Everyone pretty much had something to complain about. It was not until later that I realized that all the make up artists down the hall were wearing the same shirt that said some sort of make up school or company written on the back, except for the two girls that did our make up. No wonder.
We all went back and fixed our make up. I pretty much took off all the lipstick and blush, and redid it myself. I was trying to just fix the shape of my eye shadow with the eye shadows that I brought with me, but I ended up just overlapping it all. There was still a little bit of copper in it though. Oh wells, it went with my dress later on.
I wasn't the only one who had problems with my make up. Everyone pretty much had something to complain about. It was not until later that I realized that all the make up artists down the hall were wearing the same shirt that said some sort of make up school or company written on the back, except for the two girls that did our make up. No wonder.
We all went back and fixed our make up. I pretty much took off all the lipstick and blush, and redid it myself. I was trying to just fix the shape of my eye shadow with the eye shadows that I brought with me, but I ended up just overlapping it all. There was still a little bit of copper in it though. Oh wells, it went with my dress later on.
We are quite multi cultural
Toodlez~
0 comments:
Post a Comment