Harry Potter 6
Friday, July 17, 2009
I watched Harry Potter with Katherine, Prez, Raphael, and Dan... yayyyyyy.
I really enjoyed it even though I heard the book was better and blah blah blah. You know it's always gonna be like that. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts on the movie that I can think of at the moment.

- There was a lot of talking in this movie and not as much action in comparison to the previous movies. It didn't bother me that much because I didn't know what was supposed to happen anyway. But there were a few parts in the movie where I did expect a bit more action. For example, when all the Deatheaters come into Hogwarts. I felt like there should have been some massive fight or something (which there was supposed to be apparently). They just kinda walked in, broke some windows, killed Dumbledore, and left. Yay.
- There's a lot of comedy! There's a lot of parts that made me laugh out loud. Some quotes =] (I fully went on imdb.com and picked my favourites >.> which is a lot by the way)
Ron Weasley: How much are these?
Fred Weasley, George Weasley: 5 galleons.
Ron Weasley: How much for me?
Fred Weasley, George Weasley: 5 galleons.
Ron Weasley: I'm your brother!
Fred Weasley, George Weasley: 10 galleons.
Albus Dumbledore: You must be wondering why I brought you here.
Harry Potter: Actually sir, after all these years I just sort of go with it.
[Romilda Vane and Harry are staring at each other across the library]
Hermione Granger: [snaps her fingers] Hey, she's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One.
Harry Potter: But I am the Chosen One.
Hermione Granger: [smacks him on the head with the newspaper]
Harry Potter: Sorry... kidding!
Ron Weasley: What do you think he sees in her?
Harry Potter: She is nice... intelligent... attractive.
Ron Weasley: Attractive?
Harry Potter: She has nice... skin
Ron Weasley: So you think he is going out with her because she has nice skin?
Harry Potter: It contributes.
Ron Weasley: Hermione has nice skin.
Harry Potter: I never took the time to notice.
Ginny Weasley: [after kissing Harry for the first time in the Room of Requirement, while hiding his book] That can stay up here too, if you wish.
Ron Weasley: [Next scene, immediately after] So'd you and Ginny do it?
Harry Potter: [surprised] What?
Ron Weasley: [not knowing that Harry and Ginny just kissed] So, did you and Ginny do it?
Harry Potter: [pause] What?
Ron Weasley: Did you hide the book?
Professor Minerva McGonagall: [to Harry, Ron, and Hermione] Why is it that, whenever anything happens, it's always you three?
Ron Weasley: I've been wondering that for six years, Professor. - It's pretty obvious how there is more romance in this movie and I know some people who have complained about it, but it's not a big deal to me.
- I did want to see Ron and Hermione together more because most of the time he was just with Lavendar (who is creepy as hell), but I guess I'll just have to wait until the next movie =(

- Harry and Ginny... OMG I always found them so awkward whenever they were together. They barely talked. They were just like ...Take my hand. ...That was pretty awkward for me. I can't remember a time in the movie where they had an actual conversation. I thought Harry and Cho were cuter when Harry did give signs that he liked her (aka. when he spit out his drink accidentally lololol...). Oh yeah, Harry's and Ginny's kiss was literally a second and nothing special. Her next line was pretty awkward too... I don't know just the way she said it. Harry's and Cho's kiss was better, but the fact that they were just kinda standing there and their arms were just beside them was weird... and awkward. Awkwaaaaard.
- Luna Lovegood! =] She's one of my favourite characters. Evanna Lynch does such a good job at playing her. Everytime she entered a scene, she just brightened up everything. Apparently, Evanna's personality is actually similar to Luna. No wonder this role suits her so well.

- I thought the scene when Harry and Dumbledore were in the cave and Dumbledore had to drink all that potion stuff was so depressing. Ahhh... I'm not exactly sure why. I guess it was because Dumbledore was so old and he was getting weaker. When he died I cried ;__; It was so sad. Snape, you bastard T_T.
- They didn't focus on the Half Blood Prince at all even though it's the title of the movie.
Harry Potter! Harry Potter! OOOH! Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Yeah!
1 comments:
i loved all those quotes too! and had the same grievances. I could never see that ginny with harry. it was always too weird. they did try though with her running after harry, but still totally didn't work. and how hard it is to be all "DUDE, SNAPE WAS THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE BECAUSE HIS MOM'S LAST NAME IS PRINCE?!" there's not that much focus in the book but still, there wasn't a whole lot of explaining to do.
Post a Comment