Last time.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
I am officially done competitive dance for this year and possibly for the rest of my life.
I had three year end shows, but it really felt like I only had one. The first two shows I didn't dance much in because it included all the recreational dancers (aka. non competitive dancers) so most of the audience for that show came to see the rec dancers. A lot of people from the audience left after their kids were done all their routines for the show and did not stay to watch the rest. The audience that was left over were pretty dead. Even though I was the one performing, I was so bored. It just felt like another stage rehearsal.
I was so excited for the last show because the show only included the competitive dancers. So, basically everyone that wanted to watch a friend that's a competitive dancer went to that show because they would be dancing more often in that show. Also, all the routines in the show are a lot stronger than the previous shows because they were all competition routines. Everyone's parents, family, and friends were there. My family was there and even some of my aunts, uncles and cousins! I was really happy that they came because they never really came in the many years before. But because this year was my last year, most of them came. Same thing with my friends! Lizzeh, Abby, Bryan, Kevin, and Naoki all came to watch my show and it really meant a lot to me. I never invited friends to watch my recitals before because of the prices of the tickets sometimes and also the location. However, they all came even though the theatre was like a 40 minute drive.
I was able to see them for a bit before the show started and they got me a gift! Well, actually Abby gave me a gift on behalf of everyone else. Ahah.
Chocolate!


A few times before certain dances, some of the girls in the senior company got all teary again, even in the first Act. I didn't start until maybe the end of the second Act right because we were just about to do our last competitive dance. When the finale came, everyone was all messed up, even dancers that weren't in the senior company. My sister told me that my mom started crying when she saw the mini dancers in the finale dancing because they reminded her of me when I was little.
My family gave me flowers =]

0 comments:
Post a Comment