Thoughts on Boys Before Flowers Ep 21 - 25

Monday, May 11, 2009

  • On the soccer field
    "Stop already and come over here! Keep it up and you're going to collapse!"
    "Who knows, he may be trying to collapse."
    Lawl =]
  • They're still overdoing the flashbacks x_X For example, I don't think the flashbacks of Jun Pyo's sister and Jan Di telling his mom what he likes and stuff was necessary when his mom was at the fish cakes stand... because it JUST happened a few seconds ago. I don't think we would forget it that easily and it's pretty obvious what she was thinking about.
  • Oh I didn't think they would include all the stuff with the new girl at the hospital when Jun Pyo loses his memory just because they spent a lot of time on Jae Kyung.
  • Wow I already think Yu Mi is annoying and she hasn't done anything yet.
  • Yeah, she's a bitch =] She reminds me of someone too.
  • I like the cookies better than the egg rolls



  • Whoa. The whole scene with Jan Di falling into the pool was pretty intense o_o. Though I think if she was in there for that long in real life she would've drowned already >.<
  • Jan Di's longer hair 4 years later look weird xP I love how her hair changes but then Ji Hoo's is still the same ahah.
  • Realistically... I think Jun Pyo would visit Korea a few times in 4 years T_T because 1. he has money 2. I'm pretty sure school does not go for 4 years straight
  • Mmmm... I'm also iffy about the ending. I think there could've been a better way to end it. And also I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I feel that there are some things they didn't have closure with xP
  • K I remember some now lol.
    • They didn't really say anything about Yu Mi after. She just kinda ran away and that was it.
    • We don't really hear from Seo Hyung again after she leaves or Oh Min Ji unlike HYD where they do kinda come back.
    • We don't really see how Jun Pyo's mom feels about Jan Di in the end or any change in how she treats her because the last time they saw each other was at the hospital I believe.
Overall, I think I like the original better. I like most of the actors better in the Japanese version.. except Jae Kyung of course =]. The two leads in both dramas didn't really feel like the same characters to me, which is not a bad thing of course. But I do like the leads in Hana Yori Dango a lot better than Boy Before Flowers.



Tsukasa looks sooo much better than Jun Pyo =] (Don't kill me Rheena D: )
I think Tsukasa was more unpredictable than Jun Pyo. Though I think he seemed more violent too? I also found him funnier with all his speaking mistakes. Jun Pyo's screams were annoying as hell! It wasn't like AHHH or UGHH ... it was AAAIIIEEESSSHHHH!!! (in a high tone)



I think Jan Di and Makino were both very cute =] I felt Makino's character was more fiesty and more of a "weed" than Jan Di.

I felt that in the Korean version they spent a lot of time with Jan Di and Jun Pyo apart and too much of Jan Di and Ji Hoo, and Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung. I also didn't really like how Jan Di and Jun Pyo were able to willingly kiss Ji Hoo and Jae Kyung, where as in the Japanese version it was more unexpected for them so they really had no choice.
I think the fact that I watched Hana Yori Dango before Boys Before Flowers also greatly affected my opinion just because I already knew what would be happening. Though I do give credit to the Koreans for not completely following the original drama and adding other elements which were awesome.


K... so what do I watch now??? D:

2 comments:

.r.h.e.e.n.a. said...

yo, that picture of Lee Min Ho is sooooo hott. ahem. LAWLZ. I actually agree on some of the points... i don't remember what they were but i remember saying 'yeahhh...' while reading it.

have you watched Coffee Prince?? It's pretty good so far.

IchigoBunnie said...

ah yes, hana yori dango!!!!

OMG i never got to finish it!!! i was watching on crunchyroll.com and they took it off before i could finish T____T

it was very funny with Tsukasa's grammar mistakes. it SO reminds me of this guyfriend i have who does the same thing! well...cept online lol, but nevertheless the words come out just as silly and misdone as Tsukasa's lol.

hmm...this summer i should find it again and catch up on them!

at first i didn't think tsukasa looks too attractive, but i guess compared to jun pyo (that version i didn't watch), tsukasa looks better.

the only other drama i watched so far is Hana Kimi. and for anime I watched Lovely Complex and the well-known Ouran. man..ive so much to catch up in this realm of korean dramas and the anime's...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP