Downtown fun
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
It's been a while since I've shared a story ahah.
Today I decided to go downtown because my sister was moving into a new apartment by herself that is pretty close to my school. Also, I got a monthly pass for the GO and haven't used it enough to make the money worth it. I only went downtown for my 4 exams in December. I could have easily gotten a 10 ride pass. I needed to use my pass more often ahah.
First off, I had to walk to the GO station which took like over half an hour because my brother and my dad left without me xP They probably forgot that I was going downtown as well. I was hoping they'd drop me off at the station while they were going to my sisters apartment. I had to walk with my other brother because my parents don't like it when I walk to places by myself... even though I'm always by myself when I'm traveling to school? The walk was pretty bad considering there was a snow storm last Friday and some more snow on Sunday. People need to freakin' shovel their sidewalks!!! T_T The snow was so high. I actually fell twice. But it wasn't a very far fall =P

I was actually walking through stuff like this. Ridiculous -_-
So I went to Forever 21, my new favourite clothing store in the whole wide world. I found the $5 rack and just browsed there. I pretty much just got stuff for myself this time since I was done Christmas shopping and I wouldn't be able to go back there for a while. There wasn't that much with my size. I range between a Small and Medium depending on the clothing. So I had to line up for the Fitting Rooms, which took a while. Mainly because there were only like 4 or 5 rooms AND some girls were taking their time trying the stuff on and showing their other friends in the other fitting rooms, going back and forth. Yeah... Hi! Incredibly long line up right behind you. Have some consideration? I mainly ended up getting a few dresses that were medium. There's only one dress that I want to fix because it is a bit too big. There was also a pretty long line up to purchase. The cashier that I went to was chatting with another girl and taking her time. She was also commenting on the stuff that I picked to the other girl and was like trying them on. Kay, well not like literally putting them on but like holding them up in front of herself.
After that it was pretty dark so I decided to take the subway and street car to my sister's apartment rather than walking all the way. Walking in the dark by yourself downtown is pretty scary T_T. When I went to the subway there was no one in the booths, but it didn't say it was closed either. There was a sign that just said to put the cash fare into the pot. The pot was pretty full. I also saw some people that just walked through without paying anything. So, I just put like 2 quarters in and moved on. I never put the full $2.75 in by the way. I only had like a dollar and 75 cents with me in change. So after I took the subway, I went to take the street car. I had never taken a street car by myself before. I'm usually with friends and follow them because I don't really get it xP So, it was my first time taking the street car on my own ahah. It was taking a while for the street car to come by so there was a ton of people waiting. It took a good 15min before the street car actually came. I had to fight my way in! D: I was one of the first few people to get in >=] The guy didn't even look at my transfer. He was just like "Yeah, yeah, yeah.." There were too many people anyway. There were no seats and I had to move all the way to the back. There was this creepy guy sitting at the back getting high off something and talking to everyone. Not sure what it was. It kinda smelled like gasoline. So I tried to stand further away from him. I finally then got a seat! chyeahh! XD The creepy guy was later on then asked to leave the street car. The bus driver was like "The man in the orange in the back thats sniffing something (i forgot what he said), please leave the street car." The guy was like "Yeah, yeah! I'm leaving! Okayyy!" You could smell whatever he was sniffing so the lady beside me opened the window. Pretty scary.

My sister was already eating out with a few of her friends at this Mexican restaurant which was literally right across from her apartment. I ate their leftovers =] ahah. I didn't mind. Afterwards I looked around my sister's apartment, which is pretty cool for one person. I helped organize some of her furniture and do some groceries with her. It made me realize how much work it would take to start living on my own. I'm definately not ready to move out.
Haha. My shopping spree seems to be highlight of the day rather than visiting my sister even though it should be the other way around.
Anywho. Here's some of the stuff I bought that day =]


Not bad for all mediums x]

Is it just me or do I actually look like I'm 10 in this pic?
I swear I'm gonna compare this to an old pic of me later XD

Oh yeah. I cut my hair a few days ago =] I love it shorter.
Toodlez~
0 comments:
Post a Comment