Amelie
Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Amelie is not like the other girls. When she grows up she becomes a waitress in a Montmartre bar run by a former dancer. Amelie enjoys simple pleasures until she discovers that her goal in life is to help others. To that end, she invents all sorts of tricks that allow her to intervene incognito into other people’s lives, including an imbibing concierge and her hypochondriac neighbor. But Amelie’s most difficult case turns out to be Nino Quicampoix, a lonely sex shop employee who collects photos abandoned at coin-operated photobooths.
So when I rewatched it on my sister's laptop on the flight to Paris, it was like watching a whole new movie all over again. I only remembered a bit of the beginning. And I have to say, it is absolutely one of my favourite all time movies!

I adore this!
Watching this movie did make me more excited to go to Paris and actually see the certain places where the movie was filmed like the the restaurant that Amelie works at in the movie. It wasn't too far from the hotel we stayed at in Paris so we ended up having breakfast there every morning in Paris. The food was very good and affordable compared to most of the restaurants we came across.
I highly recommend this movie. It is in French so subtitles are needed... unless you're super awesome in French, which I am not.
1 comments:
OMG! I love this movie too!!!! My sister made me watch it too years ago. LOOOL!!
Post a Comment