this time maybe I'll be
Monday, August 2, 2010
Can you believe that there is only one month of summer left? Whaaat? I remember those times when we could just easily say "Oh, don't worry. We have four months to do this and that." But now we're down to one month and we haven't done half of the things we wanted to do... Okay, well maybe not for all of us, but definitely me.
I've been trying to make the most of my summer as always. Trying to see people, trying to learn new things, trying to appreciate this time and not be so lazy. It's definitely not too late to get started on whatever adventures or projects you planned on initially. After all, a month isn't too short. But when your plans fail and you come to a realization that they can't work out anymore, the best thing to do is just move forward and find something new for yourself. You feel happier that way. It's just something I've learned especially this past month. I don't know if it makes sense to you.
I haven't really been updating much about my summer, so I thought I'd do so right now... for those who are actually interested of course.
Ever since I've been back from Las Vegas, I have had a lot free time on my hands. Mostly because 1. I'm not in summer school like quite a number of people I know and I don't need to be and 2. I don't have a summer job and it was useless trying to get one anyway because of my poor availability at the beginning of the break. I have been doing a little bit of dancing because I am dancing in Miss Pakistan World again this year and have rehearsals for that at least once a week.
Honestly, I have been stressed about preparing for the upcoming school year. I've been mostly worrying about getting a job, preferably a dance teaching job. Actually, that's about the only job that I can think of I am capable of doing when rehearsals for my shows for school begin because last year we had rehearsals almost every day after school for a good two months. I honestly don't know how people managed to have regular part time retail jobs. I have been emailing resumes at dance studios here and there and I did get a few get back to me. I do not feel safe to say that I have been hired by one particular studio because I was not told that directly. However, I believe there are good chances that I am, considering how the studio owner said she needed teachers on the weekends especially because they are expanding and that she will give me a call sometime the next week. Also, she told me that she will be having an orientation with all the new teachers so that they are all ready to go for September. So, it sounds very likely, but I hate to be speaking too soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Things that I really want to focus on this month that I didn't really get a chance to previously.
Reading
One thing that I have been wanting to do for the past few months is improve my vocabulary. If you know Reiselia aka. Reiberry on Youtube, you would know how strong her vocabulary is in her videos as well as the text she writes in her description box or in her comments. The way she speaks and writes is really inspiring and makes me want to improve my vocabulary to be able to speak with such maturity and intelligence. It's always a good thing to have, especially in writing assignments and even in interviews. One way to improve it is by reading.

Art
I've been starting to get inspired to do some more paintings and drawings before the school year starts up again. Not just drawings and stuff in my art journal, which I still do every once in a while, but on canvas so I can actually hang them up in my room. I'm thinking of taking videos of the process as well again. It was fun doing so last year for the Spring video I made.
And lastly,
Working out
Definitely needed for this month since I've been on a break from dancing 4 or 5 days a week consistently. It's only been a few weeks since I've gotten back from nationals in Vegas and I already feel myself getting out of shape and losing muscle. For once though, I think I am pretty happy with my weight now and what it has been for the last few months. I haven't been finding myself saying "Wow, I look like a stick. I need to eat more" like usual when I see pictures of myself. I am definitely a healthier weight right now compared to maybe 2 years ago when I was very troubled and couldn't eat anything? lolololololol. I looked at old pictures from back then and I must say there is a dramatic difference. Regardless, I really need to gain more strength for the upcoming school year, especially core strength. Otherwise, my teachers will be very disappointed and tell me the same things over and over again. yikes. Yoga, here I come!
Until next time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment