Dead Like Me

Friday, March 20, 2009

This is probably like the only TV series in English that I've followed. It's not that popular though. I only started watching it one day because my siblings and I randomly found it on the Rogers Demand thingy. I love the plot line. It's so original and creative. Yes, it does deal with death and such, but in a more comedic way. I do recommend watching this series if you have access to it.



This is the synopsis

Eighteen-year-old Georgia "George" Lass (played by Muth) is the show's protagonist and narrator. George dies early in the pilot episode. She becomes one of the "undead", a grim reaper. George soon learns that a Reaper's job is to remove the souls of people, preferably right before they die, and escort them until they move on into their after life. George's death leaves her mother and rest of her family behind at a point when her relationships with them were on shaky ground. The show explores the "lives" and experiences of a small team of such Reapers, as well as the post-mortem changes in George and her family as they deal with George's death.

They have made two seasons and three years later they made a movie.
And this is my review on it.

If you have seen the series, you are more likely to know what and who I will be talking about. Overall, the movie was really good. It didn't seem like a great ending for the series though. Well, for me at least. I tend to have high expectations of it. So, I'm HOPING there will be another movie, but I highly doubt it.
They could not recruit all the original cast of the Dead Like Me Series and that bothered me a bit. Rube, who was such an important character in the series, was not in the movie. They did give an explanation as to why the character wasn't there in the movie, but it just seemed random. Then there was Daisy who was missing. Well, she wasn't missing; she was just replaced by another actress, who I did not like so much. The original Daisy was so much prettier and younger looking. I hated how the new Daisy acted like her. I felt that she kind overplayed the original one. But whateverrrr.
However, in the movie, I was so proud of Britt McKillip (aka. Reggie). They did focus on her a lot in this movie, which I was happy about because she was one of my favourite characters. I'm also glad that she finally found out that Georgia was still "alive" just because she was so close to finding out about it for sure during the series. I swear I would have been pissed if she didn't find out in the movie!



S'yeah. Go and watch this! I know I have been recommending so many shows like crazy lately XD. Oh wells.

Toodlez~

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP