Uni what??? D:
Monday, September 8, 2008
So first week of university DONE!
Wow, I still can't believe that I'm in university. Probably because it doesn't feel like it at all XD. I mean like being in a dance program and all? It just feels like dance class with people I have never met before! fun stuff =] yayyy...
So for frosh week, I left off saying I barely made any friends. But this week I was able to make a lot of friends from my program! =] It's pretty cool because so far everyone in our program are not like split up into little cliques and such. Oh yeah, at my ryerson audition, I was only the asian there. And now, I'm STILL the only asian in my program! wh00t? ahah. The majority of the people in my program are white. So, I'm sorry if I'm fully white washed by the end of the year!! D:
The first two days of school were really good =] I only had dance classes those days AND I ended around 12 for both days (yayyy!!). The main dance classes I have are ballet, modern, and jazz... and there's also one pilates class. So far, my favourite class is jazz. I guess its because its more similar to my style? and I've never really done the kind of modern that they are teaching us before, so it feels a bit awk on my body right now I guess.. ahah. It's only the first week. I'll get used to it! XD I also find that everyone in my class are very strong in ballet; however, when it comes to like jazz and stuff a lot of them seem very stiff?
So being done early on those days, I actually decided to visit my high school on Wednesday. When I first got back in the school, my first thought was, "It's so small." University is sooo massive compared to high school. And yeah, I was able to visit like three of my teachers, which were all in the art department. There really weren't any other teachers I felt like visiting beside my photography one, who was busy talking to some student in the hall way that day so I couldn't talk to him. I do miss high school. But for some reason right now I feel like I'm enjoying myself more in university! I think it's because I'm not in a classroom as often just listening to the teacher blab about whatever. Plus, I get to be dancing like every day for school! I'll probably just have to wait til work starts to get heavy on me to start hating it... I guess.
On thursday, I had my first sit down class ahah.. which was Production Elements of Production. The class is combined with all the dancers, actors, and production people so we were put in a pretty big lecture hall with these awesome chairs that were attached to the tables! They were like computer chairs, but they had no legs. The chairs were attached from the side and you can still shift your chair forwards and backwards. So to me, it kinda felt like I was floating or something. The only annoying thing was that the chairs squeak when you move around a lot. So a billion people + a billion chairs = Chantee crazy!! >:D (yes, I am overreacting) This class really scared me though about university though. The teacher was explaining so many things at once about the class and up coming assignments ...and I got really confused T___T. I wasn't the only one though. Pretty much everyone who brought up that class to me was like "Did you understand ANYTHING in that class?" "Nope! =]" So after that class, I had a break before my english elective. I got there on time and I see a bunch of people standing outside the classroom. But at the same time there are already people inside the room. So I ask what's going on and this girl tells me that they are waiting for the other class to finish. We waited for a REALLY long time. Like maybe 20 minutes after our class was supposed to start. So, I asked the girl how long she had been waiting. She tells me that she got there a bit before I did. I was like "... Are you SURE that isn't our class?" and she tells me she's not sure x_X So she went inside the class and asked the teacher which class it was and obviously it was ours. The teacher was wondering why half the class was missing >_> I ended up only being in that class for like an hour because she ended half an hour earlier.
FRIDAY! I danced in the morning as usual. Later on I had my english elective again and a class called Creative Performance Studies, which is a class combined with the actors. It was pretty funny how at the beginning of class one side of the classroom was all dancers and the other half was all actors. We didn't exactly mingle that much at the beginning xP Not until we had to create groups of 3 dancers and 2 actors aka. "creapods." We had writing activities before hand, but we had to read them to our group T_T which wasn't so fun ahah. After that we had to join with another creapod and create a MARCH for whatever we wanted. These were the ideas of the other groups: march for the ages, march for dance, march for the washroom line up, march for the ATM machine, march for relaxation... My group decided to do a march for THE MONTH OF MARCH! :D pretty cheesy but it was a lot of fun! Pretty much what we did was stand in a line and each of us would call out a month and do some retarded pose.. and when it came to march we just marched out the door >_>. Now that I think about it, the idea sounds retarded LOL but the whole class laughed sooo it's all good =].
And yeah, after that class... I see Zack Efron at my school O.o yepp, t'was very random. I didn't realize it was the Film Festival until then. It was pretty ridiculous how many old adult guys were there trying to get his autograph and everything! LOL They were going crazier than the girls. So when i was there, he was being interviewed but he had his back against everyone. When he finally turned around everyone started screaming his name like crazy. He would come up to us and do some autographs and then go back to the cameras. It was pretty much that kinda cycle until he went inside the building. I was able to get pics of him on my camera though >=] JUST to make my friends that are REAL fans of Zack Efron jealous! >:D nyahaha!

Because I just had my first monday, I shall talk about it.. yayyy. Again, I danced in the morning and later on had my Timelines of Performance History class and Music class. Before my timelines class I found a Tim Hortons in the building and decided to get an ice cap because my next class was gonna be like three hours and I was in a rush. There were two guys working there. One guy took my order and I was waiting for him to finish making my ice cap. Then the other guy was assuming I was the next customer and asked me for my order, so I told him that I was already with the other guy. So I finally got my ice cap and was about to hand my money to the guy... until he walked away o_o. I was gonna pay the other person, but he was busy with the other customers and was ignoring me. Sooo I felt like I had no choice but to leave because my class had already started and I had friends waiting for me. I did feel guilty about it.. but at the same time i was thinking "SWEEET! XD" ... kay, maybe I wasn't THAT guilty. I wasn't the only one that had food in class. Pretty much half the class had their lunches on their desk! Because of our schedules, we only have like a 45min break before the class and the prof understands that. So he lets us eat in class =] Just as long as we "don't spill our drinks on our neighbours expensive laptop." Speaking of lap tops... It is very convenient to sit behind someone who has a lap top during a lecture! XD Seriously. Yeah, I was fully copying off this guys lap top during that class because I kept zoning out the teacher's voice >_>.
I also had my first Music class. I thought that the class would just be about theory and stuff because I heard that we don't actually do singing until 3rd year. But actually we are doing theory AND singing as a choir along with the actors =] That day all we did was determine which vocal groups we're in. A lot of people already knew what group they would be in based on experience. Yes, I have experience but I don't like talking about it =] yayyyy. I am in Soprano by the way. The biggest group would have to be Alto. It was also my first day coming home after 7 from school! It's starting to get really dark quicker x_X Fall is coming!
I kinda realized this today that I seem familiar to a lot of people from my program. Some of them remember me from past dance competitions or auditions and stuff. Like there was this one girl that not only recognized me from a dance competition, but also remembered how flexible I was and that her friend told her to watch me at that competition! I was wondering how she knew about my flexibility because we haven't really done any major leg stuff at school yet and I thought I blended in with everyone else. It's pretty weird o_O ahah. I kinda feel bad sometimes when I don't recognize the other person xP The only people that I do end up recognizing are people that went to my Ryerson audition or York audition. But yeah, it feels good to know that people do remember my dancing =]
Overall, I really like university. I just hope I don't start my procrastinating ways again... >_> I probably will end up doing so. lulz. I just hate how much money we have to spend on books that we're barely gonna use! T_T I seriously need a job.
Until next time.
Toodlez~
On thursday, I had my first sit down class ahah.. which was Production Elements of Production. The class is combined with all the dancers, actors, and production people so we were put in a pretty big lecture hall with these awesome chairs that were attached to the tables! They were like computer chairs, but they had no legs. The chairs were attached from the side and you can still shift your chair forwards and backwards. So to me, it kinda felt like I was floating or something. The only annoying thing was that the chairs squeak when you move around a lot. So a billion people + a billion chairs = Chantee crazy!! >:D (yes, I am overreacting) This class really scared me though about university though. The teacher was explaining so many things at once about the class and up coming assignments ...and I got really confused T___T. I wasn't the only one though. Pretty much everyone who brought up that class to me was like "Did you understand ANYTHING in that class?" "Nope! =]" So after that class, I had a break before my english elective. I got there on time and I see a bunch of people standing outside the classroom. But at the same time there are already people inside the room. So I ask what's going on and this girl tells me that they are waiting for the other class to finish. We waited for a REALLY long time. Like maybe 20 minutes after our class was supposed to start. So, I asked the girl how long she had been waiting. She tells me that she got there a bit before I did. I was like "... Are you SURE that isn't our class?" and she tells me she's not sure x_X So she went inside the class and asked the teacher which class it was and obviously it was ours. The teacher was wondering why half the class was missing >_> I ended up only being in that class for like an hour because she ended half an hour earlier.
FRIDAY! I danced in the morning as usual. Later on I had my english elective again and a class called Creative Performance Studies, which is a class combined with the actors. It was pretty funny how at the beginning of class one side of the classroom was all dancers and the other half was all actors. We didn't exactly mingle that much at the beginning xP Not until we had to create groups of 3 dancers and 2 actors aka. "creapods." We had writing activities before hand, but we had to read them to our group T_T which wasn't so fun ahah. After that we had to join with another creapod and create a MARCH for whatever we wanted. These were the ideas of the other groups: march for the ages, march for dance, march for the washroom line up, march for the ATM machine, march for relaxation... My group decided to do a march for THE MONTH OF MARCH! :D pretty cheesy but it was a lot of fun! Pretty much what we did was stand in a line and each of us would call out a month and do some retarded pose.. and when it came to march we just marched out the door >_>. Now that I think about it, the idea sounds retarded LOL but the whole class laughed sooo it's all good =].
And yeah, after that class... I see Zack Efron at my school O.o yepp, t'was very random. I didn't realize it was the Film Festival until then. It was pretty ridiculous how many old adult guys were there trying to get his autograph and everything! LOL They were going crazier than the girls. So when i was there, he was being interviewed but he had his back against everyone. When he finally turned around everyone started screaming his name like crazy. He would come up to us and do some autographs and then go back to the cameras. It was pretty much that kinda cycle until he went inside the building. I was able to get pics of him on my camera though >=] JUST to make my friends that are REAL fans of Zack Efron jealous! >:D nyahaha!

Because I just had my first monday, I shall talk about it.. yayyy. Again, I danced in the morning and later on had my Timelines of Performance History class and Music class. Before my timelines class I found a Tim Hortons in the building and decided to get an ice cap because my next class was gonna be like three hours and I was in a rush. There were two guys working there. One guy took my order and I was waiting for him to finish making my ice cap. Then the other guy was assuming I was the next customer and asked me for my order, so I told him that I was already with the other guy. So I finally got my ice cap and was about to hand my money to the guy... until he walked away o_o. I was gonna pay the other person, but he was busy with the other customers and was ignoring me. Sooo I felt like I had no choice but to leave because my class had already started and I had friends waiting for me. I did feel guilty about it.. but at the same time i was thinking "SWEEET! XD" ... kay, maybe I wasn't THAT guilty. I wasn't the only one that had food in class. Pretty much half the class had their lunches on their desk! Because of our schedules, we only have like a 45min break before the class and the prof understands that. So he lets us eat in class =] Just as long as we "don't spill our drinks on our neighbours expensive laptop." Speaking of lap tops... It is very convenient to sit behind someone who has a lap top during a lecture! XD Seriously. Yeah, I was fully copying off this guys lap top during that class because I kept zoning out the teacher's voice >_>.
I also had my first Music class. I thought that the class would just be about theory and stuff because I heard that we don't actually do singing until 3rd year. But actually we are doing theory AND singing as a choir along with the actors =] That day all we did was determine which vocal groups we're in. A lot of people already knew what group they would be in based on experience. Yes, I have experience but I don't like talking about it =] yayyyy. I am in Soprano by the way. The biggest group would have to be Alto. It was also my first day coming home after 7 from school! It's starting to get really dark quicker x_X Fall is coming!
I kinda realized this today that I seem familiar to a lot of people from my program. Some of them remember me from past dance competitions or auditions and stuff. Like there was this one girl that not only recognized me from a dance competition, but also remembered how flexible I was and that her friend told her to watch me at that competition! I was wondering how she knew about my flexibility because we haven't really done any major leg stuff at school yet and I thought I blended in with everyone else. It's pretty weird o_O ahah. I kinda feel bad sometimes when I don't recognize the other person xP The only people that I do end up recognizing are people that went to my Ryerson audition or York audition. But yeah, it feels good to know that people do remember my dancing =]
Overall, I really like university. I just hope I don't start my procrastinating ways again... >_> I probably will end up doing so. lulz. I just hate how much money we have to spend on books that we're barely gonna use! T_T I seriously need a job.
Until next time.
Toodlez~
0 comments:
Post a Comment