Somewhat Frosh Week
Sunday, August 31, 2008
I had my frosh week from monday to thursday! =] .. but why "somewhat"?
Well, first off... I wasn't even there on monday and tuesday! XD
I finally came on wednesday, but I had time to wander while waiting to meet up with friends. So, I came across this place that was promoting iced tea and they were giving samples of the different flavours. And if you went to get a free sample, they would give you a week's worth of tea. Sooooo. I ended up getting two boxes of tea, meaning two weeks worth of tea! (freebies yayyy!)
So I finally got to my school, but I didn't really participate in any huge events. There wasn't much going on actually. There was this "Student Life 101" thing, where they had all these booths set up and what not... which also meant MORE FREEBIES! :D And yes, I got a lot of pens/ waterbottles/ candy/ pins/ stuff.. but my favourite item would have to be the STAR-SHAPED HIGHLIGHTER!!! XD

It came from this one booth that gave a ridiculous amount of stuff compared to the other booths, which included: the highlighter, a water bottle, pens, a flashlight, and a bracelet. But before I even stood there to listen to their speech about the group, one of the guys there had all the freebies in his hands and just gave them to me because he saw that I was carrying a big bag! Yeah! XD Anyways, I actually listened to their speech about their group 'POSITIVE SPACE' and afterwards they gave out their freebies. Sooo I ended up getting double of everything! Sweeeet >=]

After that, one of the events that was about to begin was the Wet and Wild Condom Olympics... yesss... that's what it was called. I remember seeing this event on the site:
My first impression was o__O?? Probably a lot of other people were like that too. So out of curiosity AND also because some of the frosh leaders were telling us to go and join their team, me and my friends went there to just WATCH. However, this asian guy who was a frosh leader came and talked to us and kinda pushed us to participate. Soooo we had no choice but to go and join his group. Unfortunately, my friend Lizzeh kinda ditched me and went to her extremely large frosh group that she was with for the first day T___T. When we got to our first station with another team, they explained the game which was: one team member from each team had to be blind folded and had to spin around 5 times. After that their team members had to lead them to the items on the floor which was a cucumber and condoms. The blind folded person then had to put the cucumber in between their legs, open the condom with their mouth and put it on the cucumber. Whoever completed this the fastest won. Each team member had to go at least once. Soooo... it was incredibly AWKWARD for me and I snuck away from my group when they started! :D It was also funny how at the same time I saw Lizzeh sneaking away from her group as well on the other side of the field and we kinda ran towards each other in the middle of the field LOL. I ended up sitting down at the side with other friends, while Lizzeh decided to go back to her group and said that she would come running back to me if it got any more awkward for her. And yeahh, I spent a lot of time watching the Engineers fool around at the side because they were just there. They weren't even participating in the condom olympics. There were so many of them o__o; and they were PURPLE! XD That's pretty much all I did for frosh that day.Wet and Wild Condom Olympics
Yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like! Wild and wet games, using condoms of
course! Join us and your fellow Olympiads to see who will win the next Gold
medal! These games are going to get messy!
I came back on thursday because I had my orientation from 10am - 1pm. But I still had to practice commuting. I wasn't sure of how to walk to Ryerson from Union Station using the underground path way that goes to the Eaton Centre. The day before I took the subway, which was easier and faster, but it's still better to walk because it's only a 25min walk and it saves money =] S'yeah, my dad tried to teach me the path way to get there, but we got lost!! :D We ended up having to go back up to the street level to walk to Ryerson. When I got there I went to my "orientation" which was pretty much registering, getting a head shot for a class reference sheet, signing out a locker, and having this lady talk to a few of us at a time about what was going to happen on the first day of school for 2 minutes. And that was it. So, by the time I left the Theatre School it was 10:30am. No frosh events were happening until 5:00pm and I wasn't even planning to stay downtown for that long, but at the same time I didn't want to go home right away because I just got there. I ended up wandering around Ryerson with a new friend I made from my program, Monika =]. I was finally able to learn how to join the Ryerson network on facebook and picked up my One Card which I applied for online a few weeks before.
I was surprised to see that the photo I submitted was acceptable for the One Card! I used a photo that was taken from last year LOL.This is it..

1. My head is cropped
2. The background is a dark colour
3. The picture is taken at an angle
The other requirements that my picture made though was that I'm not doing any funny poses and I'm not wearing any hats or glasses.. LOL yeah
Why did I choose this even though I know its incorrect? I didn't want to use my passport picture xP aaand I was too lazy to take another picture of me that was passport like or find one on my comp that looked decent enough with the requirements. So I chose this one and wanted to see what would happen. And they accepted it! =] lulz.
When I met up with my dad again to go home, he figured out the correct path back to Union.
I had to practice this on friday xP I went back and forth downtown sooo many times for different reasons. It was tiring T_T but at least I finally know my way x] yayyy.. I'm gonna be at the Eaton Centre all the time!! shopping yayyy!!! (i has to get a job first... ;_;)
And yeah. That was my 'somewhat frosh week.' I'm still scared of uni T___T It's like in two days?!?! D: ahhhhhh... I didn't expect this blog to be so lengthy ahah.
Until next time.
toodlez~
0 comments:
Post a Comment