Matilda mode.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My reading phase goes on and off sometimes. And I don't know what inspires me to read again. Like now.

I've been so excited to watch Perks of Being a Wallflower ever since I saw the trailer and what not mostly because Emma Watson is starring in it... and she's my idol :) I heard it was based off a book and according to Jenn Im (clothesencounters), it's an easy read. So what did I do? I decided I wanted to read the book before I watch the movie. That has only successfully happened for a few movies: Harry Potter 1-4 (because I stopped reading half way through the 5th one. I was a lazy kid), Series of Unfortunate Events, Tuck Everlasting and Hunger Games.... I think that's it.

At Chapters, there were two different copies of Perks of Being a Wallflower. The first one was the picture from the movie with the three actors on there, which I immediately knew I did not want. I don't know why, but I don't like seeing the actors and actresses from the movie on the cover of the books. Maybe it's because it becomes more commercialized? The second copy was the original cover I believe BUT has a little note saying either "A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE - IN THEATRES SEPTEMBER 2012" or "Soon to be a major motion picture starring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson". No, I could not find a copy that did not mention the movie at all. I just settled for the one that had the actors names on it since it wasn't written in capitals. And then I finished the book within the next day. I really liked it! It was an easy read and the book isn't very thick to begin with. It was really easy for me to get into the story as well as the characters. It's meant to be a book that's about growing up in high school... However, my high school experience was nothing like it and completely innocent compared to it. So it didn't really "bring me back to the old high school days" or anything, but I still loved it nonetheless! Charlie makes me want to make my own mixtapes (or I guess share my own 'playlists') and write letters to people with my non existent typewriter! (Handwritten ones will have to do) And he also made me want to read more because he read so many books throughout the story! The books that were mention are books in real life too

And looking at reviews (because I always want to know other people's thoughts after reading a book), I ended up finding a site called Good Reads, which is like a social network about books! I'll probably end up joining to find other books I might want to read for the future. So far I've just been discovering books/ authors through people's vlogs/blogs that I follow like Chrissstttiiine (no shocker there) and Jenn Im.

I already have a reading list/ books I already bought impulsively at a used book store... lulz

  • Diary by Chuck Palahnuik (Currently reading)
  • 1Q84 by Murakami -I've actually had this book for over a year now, but never got around to reading it. It's because I mostly read when I'm on the go and it's a really big book. But then I recently exchanged it for the version that's split into three separate books. I know. The massive version was pretty, but the split up version is just more practical for me.
  • Choke by Chuck Palahnuik
  • Lullaby by Chuck Palahnuik
  • Damned by Chuck Palahnuik
  • To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee - I never read this one in High School
So yes. A lot of Chuck Palahnuik. I'm pretty much set for reading for the next couple of months! I also still need to finish off the Hunger Games series (I stopped in the middle of the second one) and I MIGHT read Fifty Shades of Grey... mostly because of the hype. I didn't find the first book in the used book store and I kinda refuse to pay over $20 on a book I might not even like at Chapters.

...I sound like the biggest book nerd now. Haha. I don't know if I would ever call myself one because I've never been very consistent with reading... but that's also because I tend to stop when I get caught up with something else school related. But I'm done school now so more reading time yayyy.

I'm very excited to watch Perks Of Being A Wallflower very soon. I'm lending the book to Bryan because I think he'll like it a lot. 

Until next time... whenever that is.
Chantelle

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP