the way we groove.
Friday, June 29, 2012
I hate the songs on the radio. It's such a pain to find something nice to listen to when I'm in the car. Occasionally there are good songs I like, but most of the time they get ruined because they are overplayed or remixed into crap. Mainstream music *sigh*
Songs like Kiss You Inside Out by Hedley really make me shake my head, ESPECIALLY that song. Oh my goodness. I was with Bryan the first time I heard it and this was my thought process...
Okay, not my taste but it's upbeat.
"Turn off the lights. Take off your clothes."
Whoa. Talk about straight forward, but okay.
"Give up the fight. I'm in control. Why don't you let it go."
Ummm... Rape?
"I wanna know you inside out. I'll spend my life trying to figure out."
Oh... I guess it is about love then.
"Just close your eyes and shut your mouth."
What the fuck???? Nevermind.
Worst lyrics I've ever heard. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a romantic song because every "sweet" lyric was shortly followed with some abusive phrase.
That's my opinion about that song anyway.
Moving on, one of Bryan's friends recommended him to listen this radio station that we've never heard of before. So we both listened to it for the first time sometime last week and we fell in love.
It's called G98.7 The Way We Groove.
I think in general they play good music throughout the day, but we've been tuning in mostly during their Steps After Dark program from 10 - 1am. A part of me being so drawn at first may have been the host's sexy man voice (Bryan admits it too), but I love the old school R&B/Soul music they play! The first song we heard was Groove With You by The Isley Brothers and we were like, "Wow. This is where the REAL music at." It may be interpreted into same intention as the Hedley song, however, it is sung with sincerity, respect, and LOVE. Plus, the music just sounds better anyway! I've been making great use of my Shazam app and downloading so many songs I hear from this station. Some other favourites are Pretty Wings by Maxwell, and Pray for Me by Anthony Hamilton.
I feel like the best songs are timeless. No matter what year you listen to them to, they'll never be too old. I find that's what happens a lot with mainstream music anyway. They turn into trends and trends get old.
Until next time.
Chantee
0 comments:
Post a Comment